I’m 34 years old and grew up on North Hill in Akron, Ohio. I am a lifelong Akron resident and currently reside in Ellet. I met my wife Amy in 1999. We married in 2003. She is a magnificent human being, and every day that I am with her I become a better person. We welcomed our son Gabriel to the world in 2007 and our daughter Lucia in 2010.
I’ve been many things in my career, in no particular order:
- On-air host and development director at 91.3 the Summit and development team member at WKSU, two of the region’s most respected and listened-to public radio stations
- Writer and account executive for TRIAD Communications, an award-winning advertising and web design agency
- Sales support coordinator for GOJO®, the inventors of PURELL®
- Development officer and fundraising consultant for numerous Ohio hospitals and nonprofit organizations
- Coordinator of a corporate health/employee assistance program
I hold a bachelor of arts in management from Malone University. I was the president of the board of directors of Caring For Kids, a nonprofit adoption agency from 2006-2012. I’m also in my 20th year of volunteering for Project PANDA, a teen drug prevention and education program. I’m in the process of founding a quasi-spiritual/behavioral movement known as the Virtuous Movement.
I became licensed to officiate weddings in 2009 and performed my first ceremony in January 2010. It is an endeavor that brings me immeasurable joy. You can read more about its genesis here.